MEWS+ SPRING INCUBATOR
The MEWS+ Incubator is a collaboration between the MEWS+, The Middlesex Chamber of Commerce, and a host of local resources and business leaders. Designed to be a business incubator and assist entrepreneurs with refining their ideas, understanding fundamental business concepts, and working through the initial stages of their business.
The program is offered over a nine-week schedule and includes a workshop series with topics including business strategy, finance, legal, marketing, technology and productivity, and wellness and personal development.
The program also includes mentoring from The MEWS+ network for goal setting and accountability, technical assistance, and the opportunity to pitch in front of potential investors and community members (dependent on COVID-19).
Open to for-profits, nonprofits, and hybrid models, the MEWS+ Incubator program is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse community of entrepreneurs.
Participating entrepreneurs receive:
- Weekly accountability check-in calls
- Technical assistance from workshop leaders
- A fully supportive network of fellow entrepreneurs, local business leaders, and resources
- Opportunity to pitch in front of community stakeholders at the COLLISION Pitch Competition
- A reserved space in the workshops with the following topics –
Business & Strategy
Strategic planning with a focus on methods and tools to support taking your business to the next level.
Focused on the financial aspects of small businesses, financial planning, creating projections, understanding fundraising, profitability, strategy, financial measures, and more.
Legal basics for entrepreneurs and small businesses, business formation/structure, and intellectual property.
Launch and focus marketing efforts: strategy, branding, social media, marketing ROI, digital marketing.
Technology & Productivity
Understanding technology options and what’s right for you to increase your time management and productivity.
Wellness & Personal Development
Work/life skills to build confidence, including communication, problem-solving, leadership, adaptability, and more.
SPRING 2021 PROGRAM DATES
Due to COVID-19, the Spring 2021 Incubator sessions will be held virtually via Zoom. Participants must have access to reliable internet and a device with a webcam and microphone – a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
Workshops are held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
**Please note that these dates are subject to change, and will be confirmed prior to the beginning of the initial meeting.
- Tuesday, March 30: Introductions, resource review, goal setting, business planning, legal structures
- Wednesday, March 31: Intellectual property, trademarks, legal protections
- Wednesday, April 7: Marketing research, idea viability, audience, markets
- Wednesday, April 14: Traditional and non-traditional funding sources, access to capital
- Tuesday, April 20: Business plan check-in, goal check-in, social entrepreneurship
- Wednesday, April 21: Small business accounting, budgeting, financial statements, human resources considerations as you grow
- Tuesday, April 27: Marketing strategy and planning
- Wednesday, April 28: Websites, Google Analytics & SEO
- Thursday, April 29: Social Media
- Wednesday, May 5: Working with City/Municipal supports, Chamber of Commerce Benefits
- Tuesday, May 11: Business plan check-in, how to prepare a winning pitch
- Wednesday, May 12: Productivity and integration strategies, work/life balance, and self-care for business owners
- Wednesday, May 19: Pitch practice
- Thursday, May 27: COLLISION Pitch
Applications for the Spring 2021 Incubator have now closed.
A few important notes before completing this application:
- We recommend you use a separate document to draft your responses and then copy/paste them into the online application form.
- Please keep your responses thorough, yet concise, and around 500 words.
- Please review the program dates and time commitments. All accepted participants must be present for all workshop sessions, and fully participate in mentoring, and take advantage of the resources provided during the program. If you can not make all of the sessions and would like to apply, please email us at email@example.com with the details before applying.
If you have any questions or trouble completing this form, we encourage you to speak with The MEWS+ – firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not want this application to be a barrier and can provide help and give feedback on your idea or application.